Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Beautiful People's Beauty Book.

"Flattens the tummy nicely."

"Today, the author believes in dazzle - all the tricks and flourishes that can make a woman glamorous."

The Beautiful People's Beauty Book by Princess Luciana Pignatelli
1971

"A few times every century, a great natural beauty is born. I am not one of them. But what nature skipped, I supplied - so much so that sometimes I cannot remember what is real and what is fake. More important, neither can anyone else."

I posted about this book a few months ago and I've finally managed to get my hands on a copy. It's full of deliciously inappropriate information from Princess Luciana and a variety of her beautiful friends. My favourite one is Buxy Gancia (former Chanel model), just for her name and of whom Princess Luciana says " Buxy Gancia is thirty; although she is the mother of two children, she has the body of an adolescent. Few woman than she look better in a sweater and pants."

I am a woman of 31 with no children and I certainly don't have the body of an adolescent and am therefore feverishly reading the book and noting down any helpful tips. I'll be sure to pass them along.

No comments: