Thursday, July 9, 2009

Triangular Lodge.


One day while I was home visiting my Dad, we spent the day driving around looking at all our favourite historical spots in his area. There are so many near him. The image above is from my favourite - it's the oddest place. It's called Triangular Lodge and was built in the 1590s. EVERYTHING IS TRIANGULAR!!!! The rooms, the windows, everything. All the dimensions are in multiples of 3 - the outer walls are 33 and a third feet long! It's quite spooky. All the decorations have symbolism to do with something religious and odd. Local myth says there are tunnels running from this lodge to another weird lodge in my Dad's village. This is the house where the Gunpowder Plot was allegedly planned. This time we were allowed inside and we went into the cellar but I scared myself and had to run out. I think it's even in the Da Vinci Code book but I have to check. I took a bunch of photos with my Diana camera. I'll let you know how they turn out.

2 comments:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

oooh how neat!! i don't know what the gunpowder plot is? i will have to google it. This must be overseas if you call towns "villages" huh? I wish they called towns that in the states. it sounds cooler. ;oP

Ivanhoe Books - Art And Design said...

HhHAHHAHAHA. I was in England - villages are ever smaller than towns! The Gunpowder Plot was all about Guy Fawkes trying to blow up King James 1. Mr Fawkes was a bit of a revolutionary!