Saturday, June 28, 2008

Costa Rica, Japanese Graphics and Ting Tings.





This week I very briefly met a man who is moving to Costa Rica. This seems a very sensible idea. My brother and I have a long-standing plan, that when our lives in our respective big cities get a bit too hot to handle,  we shall retreat and sell peaches on beaches. Costa Rica has been floated as an ideal location for this life-shift. The man I met has already taken the plunge and was selling some of his books to fund his trip and I bought them. One of them is a wonderful small book on Japanese graphics from the late 20s to the mid-30s. All the images above come from said book. 

This morning over breakfast, I was reading an interview of my new favourite band the Ting Tings, so named because they were told it meant "old bandstand" in Mandarin, they recently discovered however that in Japan Ting Tings means "cute little penis".

No comments: