Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Terrarium!!



We ordered some terrariums for the store - but empty and on the table they just look like ugly, oddly shaped vases. I decided to do one as a functioning terrarium to see if they grabbed anyone's fancy once the purpose had been pointed out. I made a succulent terrarium (which is an odd thing to type, ha!) and here it is in all it's glory. I had such fun making it - it wasn't hard at all - apart from installing the really prickly one. I spent 15 minutes with the tweezers afterwards. I might get one and do one for my house. I'm not really sure how often I should water it - I'll keep a beady eye on the plants and if they look droopy, I'l spritz them.

2 comments:

Fashion Serial Killer said...

gosh, it says a closed terrarium only needs to be watered lighly every 6 weeks but i don't see anything on an open one? you did an awesome job! you should make a bunch and offer then for sale at the shop as well ;o)

The Fern and Mossery said...

Those are great terrariums. Check out my blog for tips and links on how to keep them healthy and happy!

http://www.thefernandmossery.com/