Friday, May 7, 2010

Vogue Paris Covers 1920-2009









Vogue Paris Covers 1920 - 2009
Thames & Hudson, 2010

It's no secret I love magazine covers. Old and new. I worry that with the dawn of the new media age, print magazines will become obsolete and disappear, taking with them the art of the cover. But then perhaps it will instead weed out the market and just make magazine editors raise their game. I think I may sound like an anachronistic dinosaur. If I was a dinosaur I would be a pterodactyl so I could fly and screech with impunity.

This book has so many great covers - these above are my favourites. The French really know how to do it.

2 comments:

sarahwl said...

when I was little i would always pretend to be a triceratops.... get it.... tri-SARAH-tops... ha! i thought i was the coolest.

Ivanhoe Books - Art And Design said...

Sarah! You ARE the coolest!