Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Marianne Faithfull.


Marianne Faithfull in this month's Interview magazine. Photo by Paolo Roversi.


I have long loved Marianne Faithfull. It's probably not her favourite memory but I remember reading her biography a while ago and getting really stuck on the fact that she lived on a wall in Soho for a long while. I still think how tripped out people must have been to walk past and see Marianne Faithfull just sitting on a wall. I got her new album a while ago and it's extraordinary (called Easy, Come, Easy Go - buy it at AMOEBA;). She doesn't have the best voice in the world but I love it. Her voice is the auditory equivalent of smokey bars and whisky. It's an album of covers/duets. My favourite is her cover of "Sing Me Back Home" with Keith Richards. I'm sure she's a fascinating character - I would like to have a date with MF - we would have a long walk on the beach and then eat fish and chips out of the paper, sitting on a wall. Ha.

No comments: