Saturday, August 23, 2008

Weird Berries.





There are many strange things about living in a country you didn't grow up in, and in particular a state like California which is possibly as different from the north of England as you can get. I often come across things that to the homegrown Californian barely raise an eyebrow, but even they must think these peculiar and bizarre growths I saw on the palm tree on the way to work are pretty insane. They look like moon fruit or alien pods. They certainly don't have these in Manchester city centre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, because I wrote something similar in my travel journal when I lived in the U.K.... Things I took for granted in Los Angeles, were totally non-existent in Newquay, Wales, or even London.

Maria told me about your blog, so I had to take a look, hope you don't mind. Think it's really great, love the imagery on it! Have a gander at mine, tell me what you think.

If you ever come across any scientific prints of sea mammals or sharks, let me know, thinking of starting a collection

Talk to you later.
Reuben