Friday, July 9, 2010

What if...


What if I told you I'd discovered an exceedingly exciting, wildy talented new fashion illustrator? Kind of like a Garance-Dore-style. Look at the images below...





Aren't they gorge? The last one particularly - I WANT AND NEED that back-to-front robe-thing-of-heaven. What if I told you that the drawings are by Egon Schiele and he did them all between 1905ish and 1910ish? BANANAS right??? I mean, I know some clever clogs will have recognized his style and all, but golly gosh he's frighteningly contemporary. Imagine how shocking these were to peeps a hunny years ago. Shockers. I never get bored of looking at them. Ever.

Egon Schiele: Drawings & Watercolours
Thames & Hudson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny, looking thru them i thought...these look like egon, they're brilliant! and yes, they still are.
--molly

karyn starr said...

LOVE