Friday, February 20, 2009

Lucian Love.


I love Lucian Freud - I've posted on him a few times. I could blog solely about him such is my love but that might get repetitive and dull for the rest of you.

In this month's US Vogue, his daughter Susie Boyt, writes about growing up in a excerpt from her upcoming memoir "My Judy Garland Life" which comes out in April. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I read the article last night while lying on the couch - two pieces made me hoot with laughter. I have needed some hoots this week.

"I was born into a family that takes making people feel better very seriously. My great-grandfather invented psychoanalysis."

and...

"I'm usually careful in what I say. My father once stopped speaking to some-one because he used the word mish-mash."

Swoon. Sigh.

No comments: