Saturday, April 24, 2010

Still Life: Adventures in Taxidermy.

Still Life: Adventures in Taxidermy by Melissa Milgrom
Houghton Mifflin, 2010

Best Gift Of The Year Award 2010 goes to this gem, received yesterday from Mister Sabin Ousey. I can't wait to read it. Here's a review of it in the New York Times. I've been talking to Sabin about my obsessive love of taxidermy for a few years now. We even looked into going to a school for taxidermy but the only one we could find was in Montana and the alumni looked like children-eaters. Not in a good way.

1 comment:

sarahwl said...

it's me, commenting again.... BUT i have to tell you that she is speaking tomorrow (Sunday) at noon at the Festival of Books on the UCLA campus. I'll be there too, sharing a booth with the LA Library- come visit if you can! I would love to go to the talk but I'll be stuck working the booth.